Location San Diego, California Job ID 19-75415
Responsible for the overall operations, administration, and quality assurance programs of several departments within designated areas, in accordance with state and federal standards and administrative policies of laboratories. Recommends changes for laboratory to improve performance and/or correct any deficiencies as needed. Gives overall direction and serves as technical advisor to assigned clinical laboratories.
- PhD in Life Sciences discipline or MD
- Board Certification from the American Board of Clinical Chemistry in one or more disciplines, or equivalent clinical board program.
- Hold or be eligible to attain a California Clinical Laboratory Bioanalyst License
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- High-volume, fast-paced reference lab experience is highly preferred
- Previous experience as a laboratory leader leading technical projects and directly or indirectly managing direct reports
- Proven ability to influence and work with lab staff, developing their capabilities and enrolling them in problem-solving and urgent matters
- Deductive reasoning and analytical skills to reach resolution to customer inquiries or lab opportunities and issues
- Depth and breadth of experience within a clinical lab, understanding validation, quality control, proficiency testing, regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of quality standards and accountable for providing accurate results
- Ability to respond to stressful and/or urgent situations